Build a Todo Chrome App
Important: Chrome will be removing support for Chrome Apps on all platforms. Chrome browser and the Chrome Web Store will continue to support extensions. Read the announcement and learn more about migrating your app.
Welcome to the Chrome Apps codelab.
Follow along with each step to learn about the basic building blocks of the Chrome Apps platform. By the end of this codelab, you will have an offline-enabled and feature-rich Todo app that you can install on your desktop computer.
The finished Todo app can be installed from the Chrome Web Store.
Along the way, you will learn:
- How to create, run, and debug a Chrome App in Step 1.
- How to update an existing web app as a Chrome App, deal with Content Security Policy issues, and add local storage support in Step 2.
- How to implement alarms and notifications in Step 3.
- How to display web pages inline in Step 4.
- How to load resources (like images) from external sources in Step 5.
- How to write to a file in the native filesystem in Step 6.
- How to publish your app to the Chrome Web Store in Step 7.
To prepare for this codelab:
- Use the latest version of Google Chrome.
- Start fresh in an empty project directory on your development computer.
- Download the reference code for all steps or view them on Github in case you get stuck.
Each step builds on top of the previous. You can skip any step and use previous step solutions in the reference code.
Let's get started. Go to Step 1 - Create and run a Chrome App »