FLEDGE: experiment and participate
FLEDGE is a Privacy Sandbox proposal to serve remarketing and custom audience use cases, designed so it cannot be used by third parties to track user browsing behavior across sites.
Learn the essentials
If you're a developer or software engineer, the FLEDGE API Developer Guide provides an in-depth technical reference to the proposal.
Try the API
Not all users may be eligible for the Privacy Sandbox Relevance and Measurement origin trial, even on pages that provide a valid trial token.
Testing the Privacy Sandbox ads relevance and measurement APIs explains why this is so, and shows how you can (and should) detect if an origin trial feature is available before attempting to use it.
- Try the demo. This provides a walkthrough of a basic FLEDGE implementation. The FLEDGE demo video explains how the demo code works, and shows how to use Chrome DevTools for FLEDGE debugging.
- Check the Privacy Sandbox status page for updates on the implementation status of the FLEDGE API.
- Experiment with the API:
- FLEDGE API developer guide explains how to take part in the Privacy Sandbox Relevance and Measurement origin trial.
- Try out FLEDGE for a single user by enabling
chrome://flags/#privacy-sandbox-ads-apisor by running Chrome from the command line with FLEDGE feature flags.
- The developer guide also provides a reference guide to API methods and parameters.
- The source code for the FLEDGE demo provides a starting point for your own experimentation.
- Debug FLEDGE worklets explains how to use Chrome DevTools to help debug FLEDGE bidding and auction code.
- The developer guide details the features supported in the latest version of Chrome. The API explainer provides more detail about feature support and constraints.
Is anything blocking you from experimenting with the API? Ask a question about your implementation, about the demo, or about the documentation:
- Open a new issue on the Privacy Sandbox Dev Support repository. Make sure to select the Issue template for FLEDGE.
- Raise an issue on the demo code repo on GitHub.
- For more general questions about how to meet your use cases with the API, file an issue on the proposal repository.
For bugs and issues with the implementation of the FLEDGE API in Chrome:
Join the discussion
Everyone is welcome to join in discussion of the FLEDGE proposal. In particular, if you're experimenting with the API, your feedback is essential.
Discuss the API
Like other Privacy Sandbox proposals, this API is documented and discussed publicly.
- Read the proposal explainer on GitHub.
- Join the conversation about existing issues.
- Open a new issue to ask a question, propose a feature, or discuss a use case.
- Join the scheduled calls for FLEDGE (every second week). Everyone is welcome to join—to participate, first make sure to join the WICG. You can actively participate or just listen in!
Discuss related topics
- Discuss industry use cases in the Improving Web Advertising Business Group.
- Use the Privacy Sandbox feedback form to share feedback privately with the Chrome team outside of public forums.
- Privacy Sandbox Feedback explains how to provide other types of feedback, and how to engage in discussion of Privacy Sandbox proposals.
- To be notified of status changes in the API, join the mailing list for developers.
- To closely follow all ongoing discussions on the API, click the Watch button on the proposal page on GitHub. This requires you have or create a GitHub account.
- To get overall updates on the Privacy Sandbox, subscribe to the RSS feed Progress in the Privacy Sandbox.