This section contains documentation for Web Platform APIs. Some are currently in an experimental status in Chrome. For example, origin and developer trials, or features only found in Canary. The current status of each API is detailed in the documentation.
Documentation for Web Platform APIs.
- Shipped #
- Better tab sharing with Region CaptureThe web platform now ships with Region Capture, a performant and robust way for cropping a video track.
- Better tab sharing with Capture HandleThe web platform now ships with Capture Handle, a mechanism that allows a capturing web app to ergonomically and confidently identify the captured web app, if the captured web app has opted-in.
- Modern client-side routing: the Navigation APILearn about the Navigation API, a new API which adds improved functionality to build single-page applications.
- Better tab sharing with Region Capture
- Origin Trials #
- No longer pursuing #
- High performance storage for your app: the Storage Foundation APIThe Storage Foundation API proposed a storage API that resembles a basic file system, with direct access to stored data through buffers and offsets.
- High performance storage for your app: the Storage Foundation API