Causes a pop-up to automatically open on page load.
It can be used on any HTML element that has been turned into a pop-up using the
The attribute can have any of the following values:
- The pop-up does not open on page load.
- none or
- The pop-up opens on page load.
<p id="my-popup" popover="auto" defaultopen>Hello!</p>
- The Pop-Up API is planned for launch in Chrome 110, available in stable in early February 2023 (check the Chrome Roadmap for updates).
- It is enabled by default in Chrome Canary for local testing.
- Register for the Origin Trial if you want to test it in a production environment. Read Getting started with Chrome's origin trials for more information.
- There is a polyfill available at https://github.com/oddbird/popup-polyfill.