Chrome for a Multi-Device World
Google provides three ways to run web content on tablets, smartphones, and other devices:
- Using Chrome Mobile for devices running Android 4.0 and later, and iOS.
- With the default Android browser, for devices running versions of Android earlier than 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich).
- Within a WebView in a native Android application.
The Google Chrome Mobile browser is based on the same code used by Chrome for Desktop. However, there are implementation differences between Chrome for Android and Chrome for iOS. See the following pages:
- Visit Google Play to install Chrome for Android or AppStore for Chrome for iOS.
- Read about Chrome for Android features to use in developing mobile web apps.
- Review the considerations for Chrome for iOS.
- Learn about developing applications in the Chrome WebView for Android.
- Learn more about mobile web development on HTML5 Rocks.
- Learn how to debug mobile applications using Chrome DevTools remote debugging. Remote debugging works with Chrome for Android and the Chrome WebView.
- Emulate mobile device features using Chrome DevTools mobile emulation.