Chrome for a Multi-Device World
Google provides three ways to run web content on tablets, smartphones, and other devices:
- Using Chrome Mobile for devices running Android 4.0 and later, and iOS.
- With the default Android browser, for devices running versions of Android earlier than 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich).
- Within a WebView in a native Android application.
The Google Chrome Mobile browser is based on the same code used by Chrome for Desktop. See the following pages:
- Visit Google Play to install Chrome for Android or AppStore for Chrome for iOS.
- Read about Chrome for Android features to use in developing mobile web apps.
- Learn about developing applications in the Chrome WebView for Android.
- Learn more about mobile web development on HTML5 Rocks.
- Learn how to debug mobile applications using Chrome DevTools remote debugging. Remote debugging works with Chrome for Android and the Chrome WebView.
- Emulate mobile device features using Chrome DevTools mobile emulation.