Running the examples
Assuming you have a checkout of the Puppeteer repo and have run
npm i (or yarn) to install the dependencies, the examples can be run from the root folder like so:
NODE_PATH=../ node examples/search.js
More complex and use case driven examples can be found at github.com/GoogleChromeLabs/puppeteer-examples.
Other useful tools, articles, and projects that use Puppeteer
Rendering and web scraping
- Puppetron: Demo site that shows how to use Puppeteer and Headless Chrome to render pages. Inspired by GoogleChrome/rendertron.
- Thal: Getting started with Puppeteer and Chrome Headless for Web Scraping.
- pupperender: Express middleware that checks the User-Agent header of incoming requests, and if it matches one of a configurable set of bots, render the page using Puppeteer. Useful for PWA rendering.
- headless-chrome-crawler: Crawler that provides simple APIs to manipulate Headless Chrome and allows you to crawl dynamic websites.
- puppeteer-examples: Puppeteer Headless Chrome examples for real life use cases such as getting useful info from the web pages or common login scenarios.
- browserless: Headless Chrome as a service letting you execute Puppeteer scripts remotely. Provides a docker image with configuration for concurrency, launch arguments and more.
- Puppeteer on AWS Lambda: Running puppeteer on AWS Lambda with Serverless framework
- angular-puppeteer-demo: Demo repository explaining how to use Puppeteer in Karma.
- mocha-headless-chrome: Tool which runs client-side mocha tests in the command line through headless Chrome.
- puppeteer-to-istanbul-example: Demo repository demonstrating how to output Puppeteer coverage in Istanbul format.
- jest-puppeteer: (almost) Zero configuration tool for setting up and running Jest and Puppeteer easily. Also includes an assertion library for Puppeteer.
- puppeteer-har: Generate HAR file with puppeteer.
- puppetry: A desktop app to build Puppeteer/Jest driven tests without coding.
- puppeteer-loadtest: commandline interface for performing load test on puppeteer scripts.
- cucumber-puppeteer-example: Example repository demonstrating how to use Puppeeteer and Cucumber for integration testing.
- Checkly: Monitoring SaaS that uses Puppeteer to check availability and correctness of web pages and apps.