DevTools Tips: Debugging Chrome extensions
Chrome extensions are software programs that you can build using web technologies. Extensions let you customize the Chrome browsing experience. You can publish them and download them from Chrome Web Store.
Chrome DevTools provides a number of feature to help you debug extensions.
Watch the video to learn how to:
- Load your unpacked extension to Chrome and enable developer mode.
- View errors and inspect service workers.
- Reload extensions with a click.
- Debug extension memory.
- Configure DevTools to not ignore content scripts.
- Debug content scripts.
- Reorder the Sources > Content scripts tab.
To learn more, see Extensions 101.