DevTools Tips: How to speed up your workflow with Console shortcuts
The Console Utilities API lets you speed up your debugging workflow by providing a variety of shortcuts.
With the Console Utilities API, you can:
- Stop typing long commands like
document.querySelector()and, instead, use jQuery-style
$shortcuts to specify elements.
- Refer to the last five DOM elements you selected on the Elements panel.
- Quickly refer to elements by their XPath, which you can copy in the Element panel.
- Query objects by their constructors.
- List just the keys or values of objects.
- Copy string representations of objects to clipboard.
- Get event listeners.
- Monitor events and function calls.
For a comprehensive list of all the Console Utilities API shortcuts, see the Console Utilities API reference.