About Manifest V2
Learn about developing extensions for Chrome.
The Chrome Web Store no longer accepts Manifest V2 extensions. Please use Manifest V3 when building new extensions. You will find a section on upgrading in the navigation tree at the left, including the Manifest V2 support timeline.
These pages contain guides and reference information for developers who want to create extensions for the Chrome browser. If you're not sure where to begin, have a look at the following starting pages:
- What are extensions? to help you understand just what an extension is.
- The Getting started tutorial if you're ready for hello, world.
Beyond that, you might find useful entry points in these pages:
- Learn the scope of things in the Extension development overview
- Pick something from the samples page, install it, and start hacking on it.
- Look for answers in the Extensions FAQ page
In addition to the documentation here, many developers find helpful community content at:
Thank you for being a member of the extension developer community. We're glad you are here!