Learn about developing extensions for Chrome.
These pages contain guides and reference information for developers who want to create extensions for the Chrome browser.
If you're not sure where to begin, have a look at the following starting pages:
- Extensions 101 covers some basic concepts of extension development.
- Development Basics introduces the extension development workflow.
Beyond that, you might find useful entry points in these pages:
- Choose one of the step-by-step getting started tutorials.
- Learn the scope of things in the Extension development overview.
- Pick something from the samples page, install it, and start hacking on it.
As Manifest V3 approaches full feature parity with V2, we will be phasing out Manifest V2 in 2023. See Manifest V2 support timeline for details. For instructions on migrating your extensions to Manifest V3, see Migrate to Manifest V3.
Additionaly, keep up with Chrome extensions news by visiting our What's new page. If you need assistance with a development problem, visit our help page
Thank you for being a member of the extension developer community. We're glad you are here!