This page describes how to fill out the Store listing tab in the Developer Dashboard. This is where you can add information about your item that isn't included in the metadata of the manifest, such as a long description, screenshots, a promotional video, and links to related sites.
See Creating a great listing page to learn how to make your listing more compelling.
In this section you can include the following information about your item:
- A detailed description of your item. This helps users understand why they should install your extension. Start your description with a concise statement of what your item does, so users can understand the main idea and features at a glance. After that provide additional details, promotional copy, update logs, and so forth. Be detailed but ensure it complies with the Keyword spam policy.
- The primary category under which your item should be listed on the web store.
- Your item's language to allow users to search for extensions in their own language.
In this section, you must provide the following promotional images and video, with the exception of the Marquee promo tile, which is optional:
- A 128x128 px to use as your store icon.
- At least one 1280x800 px screenshot, up to 5 total.
- A link to a YouTube video that showcases your extension features.
- A PNG or JPEG file that is 440x280 px to use as the small promo tile.
- A PNG or JPEG file that is 1400x560 px to use as the marquee promo tile.
Localize your listing
If you have localized your extension, you will be able to provide a description, screenshots, and promotional video in the locales your extension supports. The small tile and Marquee promo tile cannot be localized.
Begin by selecting the language from the dropdown list at the top of the store listing details. Each
locale corresponds to one of the
_locales/LOCALE_CODE directories included in the
Localize detailed description
Once you've chosen a locale, provide the detailed description for the current locale.
If you support multiple locales, repeat the previous two steps until you've provided a detailed description for each locale.
Localize screenshots and promotional video
You can also tailor screenshots and promotional video for each locale. Once you've choose the locale, add a screenshot by dropping your screenshots in the Localized screenshots section. If you have a YouTube video in the target language, you can add the URL in the Localized promo video field.
To provide screenshots for another locale, use the pull-down list at the top of the page and select the next language.
Order of graphic assets
Your promotional images and videos are displayed in your listing in the following order:
- Any localized video that you provide.
- Any localized screenshots that you provide.
- Any global (non-localized) video.
- Global screenshots.
The following are optional URLs you can include in your listing.
Display your verified publisher status
The Chrome Web Store highlights verified publishers by placing a linked, official URL under the listing title, as shown in the following example:
To display your verified status, choose an official URL for your item from the Official URL pull-down as shown below:
The pull-down for this field contains only those sites that have been verified as belonging to you. To add a verified site that you own, click on Add a new site. This opens the Google Search Console, where you can add and verify a site. See Verify your site ownership for more details.
Add a homepage URL
The link provided in the Homepage URL appears under the Details section of your item. This site should contain information about your extension to help users learn more about your extension features or service.
Provide a support URL
You can direct users to a dedicated support site by including a link in the Support URL.
The Chrome Web Store also provides a built-in user support experience under your items' Support hub. See Manage user feedback to learn more.
Declare content rating
Content ratings help users know whether your extension and its content are mature in nature. See Mature Content Guidelines to determine whether your extension should be rated "Mature." You can enable Mature content under Additional fields as shown below: