Manifest V2 support timeline
Understand when Manifest V2 will stop working for extensions
As MV3 approaches full feature parity with MV2, we'll be progressively phasing out MV2. This page specifies the timetable for this deprecation and describes the meaning of each milestone.
Check this page for any updates and for more specific dates as these milestones get closer.
|Chrome Web Store|
|January 17, 2022|
- Chrome Web Store stops accepting new Manifest V2 extensions with visibility set to “Public" or "Unlisted”
- Existing Manifest V2 extensions can no longer be changed from “Private” to "Public" or "Unlisted"
- Chrome Web Store stops accepting new Manifest V2 extensions with visibility set to “Private”
- Chrome Web Store stops accepting updates to existing Manifest V2 extensions
- Chrome stops running Manifest V2 extensions
- Enterprise policy can let Manifest V2 extensions run on Chrome deployments within the organization.
|June 2023||no change|
- Manifest V2 extensions no longer functions in Chrome even with the use of enterprise policy
Last updated: • Improve article