Rendering tab overview
Discover a collection of options that affect web content rendering with this overview of the Rendering tab features in DevTools.
The Rendering tab helps you:
- Discover rendering performance issues. Spot repainting, layout shifts, layers and tiles, scrolling issues, see rendering statistics and Core Web Vitals.
- Emulate CSS media features. Test how pages render with different CSS media features without manually specifying them in your code or testing environment.
- Apply other useful effects. Highlight ad frames, emulate focus on a page, disable local fonts and image formats, enable an automatic dark theme, and emulate vision deficiencies.
Open the Rendering tab
To open the Rendering tab:
Press Command+Shift+P (Mac) or Control+Shift+P (Windows, Linux, ChromeOS) to open the Command Menu.
rendering, select Show Rendering, and press Enter. DevTools displays the Rendering tab at the bottom of your DevTools window.
In addition to opening the Rendering tab, you can also use the Command menu to search for and enable any option. Try typing an option name, for example,
Alternatively, you can open the Rendering tab in the following ways:
- Press Esc to open the Drawer, and, in the top left corner, click More Tools > Rendering.
- In the top right corner, click More Options > More Tools > Rendering.